After one sip, you’ll be hopping the Gulf Stream.
There’s something about Bimini. Once you’ve touched its shores it stays with you. It gets in your blood and you can’t stop thinking about it. It’s been over 2 weeks since my trip to Bimini and the memories are still scrambling my thoughts, or maybe its the rum, hard to say. With drinks like today’s Boat Drink recipe being served up at the Bimini Big Game Club, it’s hard to totally clear your mind and return to the real world.
Watch below as Natalia, our bartender at the Bimini Big Game Club, whips up the resort’s signature cocktail, aptly called the Big Game. Natalia and myself are joined by Shawn from Coastlines & Tan Lines and Mike from Rum Connection, some of the best rum drink judges in the business. The cocktail is a simple creation that is sweet and tasty, a combination of coconut rum, dark rum, Blue Curacao and pineapple juice. The end result is a blue concoction that will make anyone feel as if they’re on vacation.
The Big Game Cocktail Recipe
Big thanks to Natalia and the Big Game Club for putting up with us rum soaked island writers. The experience was legendary and we will be back soon.
Side note: A ferry from Ft. Lauderdale to Bimini is starting up this fall. It will make getting to Bimini even easier. At least it will for all those who don’t lose their passport. You can read about my Bimini blunder here. I’ll keep you up-to-date on the ferry as I hear more information.
Cheers to Boat Drinks!
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page