Bimini may be small, but what it lacks in size it makes up for with tons of white powder sand. Beaches, oh glorious beaches. Just about the entire western side of north and south Bimini are lined with beautiful beaches that just beg for your foot prints. What do you say we go make some.
This episode of Island Lime Videos was shot on the north end of North Bimini at a spot called Sakara Beach. This part of the beach is part of the Bimini Bay Resort, it has facilities like bathrooms, seats, loungers and most importantly…a bar serving cold Kalik and rum drinks.
Myself, Mr. Rum Connection and Shawn of Coastlines & Tan Lines stumbled upon Sakara Beach as we were island exploring in our trusty golf cart. We had a great time talking with Gio the bartender and watched as rain squalls passed by over the Gulf Stream. The storms never did come ashore and actually set the stage for some stunning photos and video footage.
Enjoy this video of Sakara Beach on Bimini, it’s the next best thing to actually being there.
Bimini Bahamas, Sakara Beach
Such a beautiful beach. We liked it so much we decided to pay Gio and the beach another visit the next morning. Sadly it was too early and the beach bar wasn’t open yet and Gio was no where in site. 10am too early to visit a beach bar? Nah. We still took a seat on the comfortable chairs and finished our roadie Kaliks. Conversations about the prior day filled the air and our eyes were fixed on the beauty laid out before us. I didn’t ever want to leave. Part of me never will.
Have you been to Bimini and visited Sakara Beach? What was your experience like?
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page