After one sip, you’ll be shucking your own oysters.
I’m not much of a shot guy, I like to relax and enjoy my beverage of choice. Feet up, Buffett streaming through the speakers and people watching–that is how I unwind. But fairly recently I have fallen ass over feet in love with a shot called the Oyster Shooter. It might not even be classified as a shot, more like a meal in a glass. What ever you want to call it, I’m obsessed with it.
This little glass of delicious became infamous with BigKahunaBrew and myself on a trip to Siesta Key in Sarasota Florida. After a day on the sand we stumbled into Siesta Key Oyster Bar, better known as S.K.O.B., for some food and libations. We attacked the menu like wild animals, ordering grouper, Rum Stumblers, craft beers and who knows what else. Then our eyes fall upon two wonderful words on the menu…”Oyster Shooter.”
I had no idea what it was. I knew I liked seafood and I liked spicy. BigKahuna and I thought what the hell, let’s give them try. And try we did, over and over and over again. We’d be talking about something and then just stop and say, “Oyster Shooter?” We were so blown away by this shot that we had to make a video about it. I’m not sure how many we had, but the crooked smile on my face tells me quite a few.
Oyster Shooter Drink Recipe
- Hanger One Chipotle Vodka
- Bloody Marry Mix
- Fresh Raw Oyster
Mixing Instructions: Place one raw oyster into the drinking glass. In mixing glass add 1.5oz. of Hanger One Chipotle Vodka, 1.5oz. of Bloody Mary mix and a pinch of horseradish. Mix well and pour into glass with oyster. Raise glass and toast.
This weekend I’ll be celebrating my birthday and I guarantee you an Oyster Shooter is on the menu. I’ll post a photo of it on the RSR Facebook page!
Have you experienced the Oyster Shooter? Tell me what you thought. Are you as big a fan as I?
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page