After one sip, you’ll be sleeping in a cage.
Over the coop, yeah I’m a little over the chicken wire for Cockspur rum. I do love the taste, especially the 12, but I honestly think it’s my weakness for cool names that pulls me in the most. Put in a pretty bottle, call it something interesting and slap a fancy label on it and I’m sold. Just say the name…Cockspur. Love it! If you name your rum after the talon of a rooster, you better be confident it’s good. And in my opinion this Bajan rum lives up to the bold name.
This week’s Boat Drink recipe is called Over The Coop and it’s made with Cockspur Fine Rum, which is their main everyday rum. True, the rum above is Cockspur 12 which has nothing to do with this drink, but I didn’t have a good photo of the CFR. This photo of the 12 on the other hand kicks ass, so in it goes.
Boat drink time!
Over The Coop Boat Drink Recipe
- 1.5oz Cockspur Fine Rum
- .75oz Lime Juice
- .75oz Honey Syrup (equal parts honey and warm water)
Mixing Instructions: Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake like a crazy person. Strain into a chilled cocktail glass and garnish with a lime wheel.
Simple. Different. Exquisite. Is exquisite to strong of a word to describe a rum drink? Nah…just go with it people. Let me know if you mix an Over The Coop up and what you think about it. Love hearing your thoughts!
Cheers you thirsty Castaways!
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page