After one sip, you’ll be chatting up royalty.
When one hears about the island of Mustique in the Grenadines, stories of rock stars, movie stars, princes and models aren’t far behind. Yes Mustique attracts the rich and famous, but there’s a beach bar on its shore that no matter who you are, you’ll be greeted with open arms and a rum punch.
Basil’s Bar is famous for its good food, strong drinks and a chance to relax island style with high society. Being that today is Boat Drinks day we are going to be talking about one of those strong drinks. Let’s belly up to the bar, order a Mustique Whammy and watch the Caribbean tide roll in.
The Mustique Whammy Cocktail Recipe
- 2oz. white rum
- Dash of triple sec
- Top up with orange juice
- dash of grenadine syrup
Mixing Instructions: Mix, shake and pour. Raise glass and toast.
I’ve only seen Mustique in the distance about 5 nautical miles away from the deck of the Diamant. Unfortunately a stop at Basil’s Bar for a Mustique Whammy or a famous rum punch wasn’t on the itinerary that week. Maybe I should have put the idea of a coarse deviation in Captain Matt’s head. Something tells me the other passengers wouldn’t have minded. Just one more reason for a return trip to the beautiful Grenadine Islands.
Have you had the chance to visit Basil’s Bar? Leave a comment below, I would love to hear about your experience.
(Photo credit to glam.co.uk)
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page