KEY WEST, Florida Keys Key West International Airport is now the southernmost stop on Southwest Airlines continental U.S. route after the airline assumed flights previously operated by its subsidiary AirTran Airways to and from the island city.
The flights include one daily nonstop flight between Orlando International Airport and Key West, and one daily nonstop flight between Tampa Bay International Airport and the island city. In addition, the airline is to initiate a daily nonstop flight beginning March 9, 2013, between Key West and Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport.
As well as nonstop Orlando and Tampa flights, Key West passengers can take advantage of connecting service within Southwests network of more than 75 U.S. destinations.
Southwests extensive network will mean not only nonstop flights into Key West, but will offer one-stop service flights from many major markets throughout the United States, said Keys Tourism Council Director Harold Wheeler, after the first Southwest flight landed Sunday.
The airline is operating Boeing 737-700 aircraft on its Key West routes. Each flight can accommodate 143 passengers, according to Southwests website.
Flight information and reservations: www.southwest.com
Key West visitor information: www.fla-keys.com/keywest or 1-800-LAST-KEY
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page