Snow in the northeast, frost throughout the midwest and full on winter just weeks away, are you already dreaming up a Caribbean escape plan? I woke up to 50 degree temps this morning, way too cold for my south Florida blood! Almost called my buddies in Key West and told them I was on the first southbound plane!
This January 10th thru 13th is the 2nd annual Castaway Winter Beach Bash, a much needed island escape for those of you that are sick of the frozen temperatures. Don’t want to you guys shooting six holes in your freezer!
This year’s Castaway Winter Beach Bash (CWBB) is once again being held at the beautiful Bolongo Bay Resort on St. Thomas. Last year was legendary and this year is shaping up to be bigger and better. Join us! Details here. You can join the Beach Bash Facebook event page here so we can all talk about the upcoming winter escape!
One thing that I think would make the CWBB even better would be a signature drink for the party. The Castaway Cocktail if you will. So let’s have a contest to see who can come up with the best cocktail! I’ll give the winning recipe to the bartenders at Bolongo Bay before hand so they will be ready for beachside consumption.
Castaway Cocktail Details
Here’s how the contest will work.
- Create a delicious drink that relates to the USVI, Castaways and the island lifestyle.
- Take into consideration local rums, mixers and other ingredients.
- Give the cocktail a name you think best relates to the Castaway Winter Beach Bash.
- List the ingredients, quantities, mixing instructions and the name
- Submit your drink recipe below in the comments section or on the RumShopRyan FB page.
- Contest will run until next Friday the 16th. Winner announced on the 21st. – That’s it!
The creator of the winning recipe will receive a free $25 Margaritaville gift card. Good luck!
If you think a Caribbean winter escape is in the cards, come down and join us! All RumShopRyan readers are invited and treated to hotel and activity discounts.
For the Castaways, Bolongo is offering (on direct bookings):
- 15% off room-only rates (20% off room-only rates if booked early by Sept. 15)
- Welcome bottle of rum
- $25 in Iggies bucks per room
- Sunset sail ($110 value for two)
- 20% off any additional sail trips
Events for the weekend include:
- Rum tasting
- Sunset cocktail cruise
- Exclusive snorkel booze hunt
- Live nightly music at Iggie’s
- St. John day trip will be offered on Saturday (Discout $88pp)
I look forward to relaxing on the beach at Bolongo Bay with you and sipping on a signature Castaway Cocktail!
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page