I’m a big fan of old airplanes and boats and thought this event might be cool to checkout if you’re in the Keys.
The Ocean Reef Club is to host its annual exhibition of classic cars, vintage yachts and antique aircraft during Vintage Weekend, scheduled Thursday, Nov. 29, through Sunday, Dec. 2, in Key Largo.
The elegant events schedule is to include cocktail receptions, a road rally, an aircraft aerobatic show, the Concours dElegance Drive-By and a Saturday evening dinner dance themed A Night at the Canteen.
Display highlights of the exhibition of automobiles, airplanes and yachts include a North American B-25H Mitchell “Barbie III” and the privately owned Honey Fitz, a 92-foot motor yacht that was once John F. Kennedy’s presidential vessel.
Events are to culminate with a farewell breakfast and awards presentation followed by a fly-out Sunday morning.
Ocean Reef is extending a special visitation offer to nonmembers to attend the weekend as sponsored guests, either as social participants or exhibitors. The club features amenities including nine restaurants, two championship golf courses, tennis facilities and a charter-fishing fleet.
The participation fee for Vintage Weekend is $400 per person including socials, dinner, breakfast and entertainment.
Special lodging rates at Ocean Reefs Oceanfront Inn are offered to Vintage Weekend guests. Vintage Weekend activities are only available to guests who register and stay at Ocean Reef.
Event information: www.oceanreef.com/
Key Largo visitor information: www.fla-keys.com/keylargo or 800-822-1088
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page