After one sip, you’ll be ready to cross an ocean.
Today is Thanksgiving and most of us will be spending the day giving thanks and spending time with family. We will eat too much and pass out from a food coma in front of a football game. All good things in my book. How about a new special Boat Drink recipe to spice up your Thanksgiving and make it even better!
I’d like to take this time to say thank to you. Without you guys, the Castaways, this website wouldn’t be what it is today. Nothing gives me more joy than seeing you live the island life. It could be your backyard tiki bar, your large rum collection or photos you post showing your feet stuck in the sand on a beautiful St. Somewhere in the Caribbean, they all show that we Castaways are of like minds. I love knowing that their are people out there that have the same Caribbean affliction as I do. One that will never be cured. Again, thank you so much for reading.
To celebrate Thanksgiving Castaway style we’re going to mix a drink that tastes like Thanksgiving in a glass. With rum of course. The cocktail concoction is called Cruzan Pilgrim Punch. Get yourself out a large punch bowl, some Cruzan 9 Spiced Rum, Cruzan Dark, Cranberry Sauce, sugar, Apple cider and Apple Slices. Cranberry sauce in a drink? I know sounds crazy, but trust me, it’s damn good.
CRUZAN PILGRIM PUNCH
- 1/2 Bottle Cruzan 9 Spiced Rum
- 1/2 Bottle Cruzan Aged Dark Rum
- 1/2 can Cranberry Sauce
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 2 Bottles Sparkling Apple Cider
- Apple Slices
Mixing Instructions: Combine rums, cranberry sauce and sugar in a bowl and stir until well combined. Refrigerate for 1 hour. When ready to serve, add sparkling apple cider, and drop in apple slices to garnish. Serve over ice in punch glass, making sure to scoop out an apple slice with each drink. Raise glass and toast.
Let me know if you make up a batch of the Cruzan Pilgrim Punch. Eager to know what you thought of this Thanksgiving cocktail recipe.
I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving!
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page