The Fifty Shades of Grey phenomenon swept across America and had women everywhere giggling and sharing the books with their friends. Well sorry ladies, this post doesn’t take Mr. Grey to the Caribbean, it brings the Caribbean to you…in shades of gray.
There’s just something powerful about a pure black and white photo. You would think it’s a crime to take the brilliant colors of the Caribbean and mute them down to gray-scale, but the result is a unique look at the islands we love so much. Black and white adds drama, depth, mystery and nostalgia to a photo. It seems to hide some of the details and leaves your mind to wonder and fill in the gaps. Just like a good book.
Below is a black and white photo tour of some of my favorite photos I’ve taken on my travels. Christian Grey, welcome to the fifty shades of gray Caribbean style! Feel free to “Pin” these to your Pinterest boards!
The Caribbean In Fifty Shades of Gray
Being a blogger you almost by default become an armature photographer. These black and white shots make even a poor photo hack like me look good sometimes. I hope you enjoy the images as much as I do. If you guys like these “Shades of Gray” photos I can plan to do some more in the future.
Which photo is your favorite?
Please Subscribe If You Love The Caribbean!
Subscribe to Daily Updates
RumShopRyan YouTube Channel
P.S. – Leaving soon? These recommended links below will help you save money and book your trip:
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you’ll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com – They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page
We use all the companies listed here or on the resource page. By booking through these links, the small commission we earn helps us bring you more Caribbean content so that you can save money and have a better island vacation. Crystal and I greatly appreciate any support!