After one sip, you’ll be pounding your chest.
Pounding your chest? We’ve had so many banana themed boat drinks on here that I’m running out of monkey analogies. Better put the rum thinking cap on for next time. Anyways, let me introduce you to the Bruised Banana.
Castaway mixologist Jeremy has created us a special drink for this week’s boat drink recipe. Not only is it mind-numbingly delicious, it has been named the official cocktail for the Castaway Winter Beach Bash coming up this January. This drink will be served poolside at Bolongo Bay Resort and at Iggies Beach Bar also at Bolongo Bay. I can think of nothing better than to be sipping on this sweet banana drink while swaying in a hammock staring out at the blue Caribbean. If you want to experience that, then get your hindquarters (Kansas talk) down to St. Thomas and lime with us during the 2nd annual Castaway Winter Beach Bash. Booking details here.
The Bruised Banana Drink RecipeIngredients:
- 1oz dark rum
- 1/2oz banana liqueur
- 1 1/2 oz coconut water
- 3 medium banana slices
- 1/4oz lime juice
Mixing Instructions: Muddle banana slices and lime juice in shaker. Add rest with ice and shake well. Strain and top with nutmeg. Raise glass and toast.
I would think this concoction of real banana slices, rum and juices would be good as a blended drink as well. On second though, the watered down blended ice might kill some of the flavor though. Might be worth a “research” drink.
So this coming January at Bolongo Bay Resort, the Bruised Banana will be renamed to The Castaway. Named after all of you Caribbean loving, RumShop reading, beach bums. We all will need a break from the cold weather this winter, why not take that break together on St. Thomas. Yeah mon!
Let me know if you decide to mix up the Bruised Banana and what you thought.
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page