It could have happened to anyone of us, you’re out fishing one night in the Florida Keys and happen to stumble upon a boat in distress. You act quickly to save any souls on board, but next thing you know you’re caught up in a drug fueled assassination attempt and now you’re running for your life. Hey, it could happen.
The book titled, The Deadly Quiet Sea by Ron Laughlin, puts you in the shoes of Clint. He’s a man trying to escape the pain of his past, and what better place to do that than the beautiful Florida Keys. Clint’s simple life doesn’t stay quiet for long when he get’s caught up in a cat and mouse game with the Colombian drug lords who have taken control of the cocaine trade in Miami.
Rum, sex, beautiful islands and murder–The Deadly Quiet Sea succeeds at keeping you engage and flipping the pages. You can’t help but put yourself in Clint’s shoes (or flip-flops) as the story unfolds. I would give a lung to have been in his position while he was in Andros and Exuma Islands. Read the book and you’ll see what I mean.
Without giving too much away, the book takes you to places that many people familiar with the Florida Keys and the Bahamas will recognize. Landmarks, islands, bars and ocean passages that I’m sure many of us have been to set the stage for this life and death struggle. I guarantee next time I cruise into Alabama Jacks on the way to the Key’s I’m going to look around, sip on my rum drink and picture Clint sitting right there, planning his next move.
Believe it or not, yours truly, RumShopRyan is even mentioned in the book. I’ll send a free sticker to anyone who emails me and tells me the context in which your favorite Caribbean blogger was mentioned.
The Deadly Quiet Sea is a fast read and will definitely take your imagination on ride. Author Ron Laughlin is working on the follow up book, “The Fishing Club,” right now. What is the Fishing Club, read The Deadly Quiet Sea and find out. You’ll be glad you did.
If you’d like to get you’re hands on this book you can purchase if from Amazon as a paperback or ebook.
If you’ve read The Deadly Quiet Sea, let me know what you thought.
- Get your flight with Skyscanner or AirfarewatchDog (between them, you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page