After one sip, you’ll be hemisphere dancing.
Shellback Rum, it has a great name but what does it mean? A Shellback is a seasoned sailor who has crossed over that all important line on the map… the equator. One who possesses the skill and courage to tame the sea in both the northern and southern hemisphere. A Shellback looks for adventure and calls the sea and coastlines their home. Sure sounds an awful lot like a Castaway doesn’t it?
Shellback Silver and Shellback Spiced have recently found their way into my collection and while I have a lot more to say about them individually, today is Boat Drink day so it’s all about cocktails! (Look for the future taste review of Shellback Rums)
Being that it’s holiday season, a lot of us are going to be traveling to family or having family over. The best way to tame the madness and put a smile on everyone’s face is to serve them a large bowl of punch…rum punch that is.
The fine folks at Shellback Rum have come up with a great punch recipe called Fish House Punch. It’s sweet, it’s spicy, it’s makes this pirate happy. While I didn’t make an entire bowl for research purposes, that would have been insane, a large glass full did the trick. Below is the Fish House Punch recipe made out to family (bowl) proportions.
FISH HOUSE PUNCH
- 1 cup Shellback Spiced Rum
- 3/4 cup Orange Juice
- 3/4 cup Pineapple Juice
- 1/4 cup Lemon Juice
- 1/4 cup Grenadine
- Dash of Classic Bitters
- Maraschino Cherry & Pineapple Slice for Garnish
DIRECTIONS: Combine all liquids except bitters in a punch bowl with ice and stir. To serve, ladle into stemless wine glasses filled with ice. Top each glass with dash of classic bitters. Garnish with cherry and pineapple. Raise glass and toast.
Shellback Rum has distribution in AL, AZ, CA, DE, FL, GA, HI, IA, ID, IL, KY, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MT, NC, ND, NH, NH, NV, OH, OR, PA, TX, UT, VT, and WA. While I have not seen it in any of my local stores here in Florida, doesn’t mean it’s not someplace else in the state. Hopefully you have better luck in your part of the world. Thank goodness for the mail service!
Let me know if you mix of a bowl of Fish House Punch. I have a feeling it will be the hit of any holiday party!
Happy holidays Castaways!
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page