After one sip, you’ll be raising the bar high.
2013 has arrived. With a new year come resolutions of saving money, more exercise, spreading good will and many more. As I drove around town yesterday, I noticed a lot more people out riding bikes and jogging. It was a stunningly beautiful day with temperatures in the mid 70’s. I couldn’t help but think that many of these people had probably set new year’s resolutions of getting more exercise or losing weight. They were taking advantage of the day off and the gorgeous weather to stick to their newly minted resolution. I raise my glass to them and hope they keep it going.
My New Year’s Resolution? Save money! I have a bad habit of seeing a nice bottle of rum or a super cool Tommy Bahama shirt and opening that wallet right up. I act on impulse. Sometimes that’s good, sometimes not so much.
This week’s Boat Drink recipe comes to us from the good people of Cruzan Rum. It’s called the Cruzan New Year’s Resolution. It won’t help you lose weight or save the world, but it will make your tastebuds do a happy dance.
Cruzan® New Year’s Resolution
- 1 part Cruzan® Black Cherry Rum
- 1 dash Bitters
- Sparkling Wine (non-alcoholic)
- Lemon Twist
- Black Cherry
Mixing Instructions: Pour rum into a champagne flute and top with sparkling wine. Add a dash of bitters to finish. Garnish by dropping a lemon twist wrapped cherry into the flute. Raise glass and toast.
So tell me, what resolutions have you made for this new year? Most resolutions fall by the wayside after a couple weeks. To help you stick to your resolution, write it out on a post-it note and stick it to your desk at work. That way you’ll see it nearly everyday and be more apt to think about it.
Cheers and enjoy the Boat Drink!
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page