After one sip, you’ll be Caribbean crazy.
The Caribbean Rita. When you hear “rita” in the name of a cocktail you can almost bet the house that the drink will have tequila in it. Castaway mixologist Jeremy M. got a new Margaritaville Blender for Christmas and has been experimenting like any good mixologist should. Little of this, little of that, taste. Rinse and repeat.
Jeremy has a new appreciation for tequila and had been researching different brands. Dare we try rum and tequila in a boat drink? Can’t be scared!
This week’s recipe is called the Caribbean Rita and it’s made with Jimador Blanco tequila and Appleton Estate Reserve. I personally haven’t tried this tequila, but if Jeremy says it’s good I believe him. His drinks have never done me wrong.
Caribbean Rita Drink Recipe
- 1oz el Jimador Blanco
- 1oz Appleton estate reserve
- 1 1/2oz simply limeade
- 1 1/2oz OJ
- 1 1/2oz pineapple juice
- Splash triple sec
Mixing Instructions: Shake or blend all with ice. Raise glass and toast.
Let me know if you mix up a Caribbean Rita and what you thought.
Enjoy the boat drink Castaways!
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page