Traveling to the Caribbean is always a party for your senses. Your eyes are dazzled by the stunning scenery, your nose breathes in the sweet salt air and your tastebuds jump for joy when you treat them to the sweet and spicy flavors of the islands. Bringing home the photos isn’t quite like being there though. Grabbing a jar of salt air and stuffing it into your luggage might be a little odd. But bringing home rum and food items instantly transports you back to the place where you first savored their delights.
Some of those delights from the island of Antigua found their way to my door step a few weeks ago. Eef Armstrong, the Managing Director at Raw Island Products, sent me four bags of their flavored Raw Organic Coconut Wedges–Sweet Cinnamon, Curry Crunch, Spicy Carib and Lime Twist.
I had never tried flavored coconut wedges before so I was quite eager to dive into the experience.
I tried each bag and found that I enjoyed the Spicy Carib the most. I’m a sucker for anything spicy. The wedges aren’t as crispy as potato chips, you’re teeth sink into the coconut flesh to a point then they snap like a chip. The flavors were powerful and tasted great.
The coconut wedges are slowly dehydrated raw coconut are a healthy snack. All ingredients are natural and no preservatives are used in any of the Raw Island Products.
If you are interested in learning more about Raw Island Products you can visit their website www RawIslandProducts.com.
Cheers to bringing the tastes of the Caribbean back home with you.
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page