Moonsplash, one of the biggest Reggae Festivals in the Caribbean takes place each year under the first full moon in February on the island of Anguilla. The festival kicks off Thursday February 21 with a day of fun on the beach. The official Moonsplash launch party happens later that evening at 8:30 p.m. Daytime activities continue throughout the three day period, while the nights belong to the headline performances.
The Festival wraps up on Sunday February 24 with the Dune Festival – a day of fun, food and great music at Bankie Banx’s Dune Preserve Beach Bar on Rendezvous Bay.
Moonsplash, which is the brain-child of recording artist, Bankie Banx, on of my favorite Caribbean singers. Bankie brings together celebrated artistes and specially selected headline acts from around the Caribbean and around the world for four evenings of classic Caribbean reggae on the sands of Rendezvous Bay.
Here is a look at Bankie Banx performing Just Cool from his most recent album.
“Moonsplash is simple, with intimate performances in a natural setting,” comments founder, Bankie Banx. “We don’t pick any particular genre – there’s folk, blues, reggae, some soul – just good music. It’s a magical thing”.
This year’s Moonsplash festival will feature artists likes Cat Coore, Benjy Myaz, Omari Banks and Junior Jazz, plus many other favourites, A noteworthy new addition to the Festival is the Kidz-Splash – a special matinee performance for the children which takes place on Thursday afternoon.
I have yet to make to to Anguilla and Moonsplash. It’s on my list though. Let me know if you have been to the music festival and what you thought.
P.S. - Leaving soon? These recommended links below will help you save money and book your trip:
- Grab a Caribbean Preferred Card. It will save you a ton of money. It gives you access to the largest collection of island discounts & promotions. Click here to learn more.
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page