Yesterday I returned from four glorious days in a part of the Bahamas I had not yet been, Hope Town in the Abaco Islands. This destination has been near the top of my “Must Visit Soon” list for a long long time. There’s nothing quite like the Out Islands of the Bahamas. I don’t know if it’s the charm of the people, the electric glow of the water or the relaxed state of mind that washes over you when you touch those shores–whatever it is I can’t get enough. I’m addicted.
The Hope Town Lodge became my new home away from home. The beach front cottage I stayed in had privacy, lush tropical landscaping, a porch complete with adirondack chairs and the blue waves of the Atlantic Ocean crashing ashore on the pink sand beach below. The only thing missing was a check-out date located somewhere in the distant future.
I have a ton of stories to tell you about the Lodge, Hope Town and Elbow Cay itself. I’m still organize all the photos, videos and words tumbling around in my head, but first I want to show you a few photos of the trip. This will hopefully tease you just enough to keep you on the edge of your seat and wanting more. I know you want more!
Hope Town, Hope Town Lodge & Elbow Cay – Abaco Islands, Bahamas
As you can see Elbow Cay is mind-blowingly beautiful. Every part of it holds another surprise, from Tahiti Beach on the south to the beautiful pastel homes of the north, it is true Out Island charm. After only four short days, leaving on the ferry was like saying goodbye to a lover. I stood their on the back of that boat trying to burn the image of the fading lighthouse into my brain, just like thousands before and thousands more will do.
Much more to come!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner or AirfarewatchDog (between them, you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page