After one sip, you won’t care who won the race.
Life in the Caribbean is slow and laid back. There’s no reason to rush when the tropical sun is cooking during the day. Best to find a shady beach bar and cool off with a cold Boat Drink. Today’s cocktail recipe celebrates that slow way of life, it’s called the Cruzan Slow & Steady.
There’s another story behind the Slow & Steady. The recipe was emailed to me by a representative of Cruzan Rum and relates to the Daytona 500 race that took place last weekend. Here’s the funny quote from that press release.
“Congratulations to Joe Nemechek for winning the Cruzan “Don’t Hurry” Award as he was last to cross the finish line! It might not be the big trophy, but to us it’s just as exciting to win! To celebrate Joe’s “victory,” we’re encouraging you to sip on the Cruzan Slow and Steady to support the other winner of Daytona 500.”
Cruzan Slow & Steady Drink Recipe
- 1 1/2 parts Cruzan® 9 Spiced Rum
- 1/2 part Galliano Liqueur
- 6 parts Cola
Mixing Instructions: Build over ice in a tall highball glass. Garnish with a lemon wedge. Raise glass and toast.
I’m a competitive person and even coming in second in an event like the Daytona 500 would rub me the wrong way. Coming in last would be soul crushing. I guess having a couple Cruzan Slow & Steady cocktails might mask the sorrow until the next race. Good luck next time Joe and enjoy the drink!
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page