After one sip, every ting be irie.
Do you ever get tired of creating new boat drink recipes? Yeah, me either. Neither does Jeremy, our resident Castaway Mixologist. He has been at it again and this time came up with a unique combination of Appleton Rum, Jack Daniels Whiskey and lemonade. This delicious cocktail is called Jack’s Jamaican Lemonade.
Here’s Jeremy’s story behind his newest creation.
“In the process of enjoying a few Tings with a Sting last night (I like cruzan light with a splash of wray and nephew and some angostura bitters), a buddy of mine began talking about what we started out drinking when we became legal. Well my old man was a Jack Daniel’s man so naturally we drank this for a while. When the Caribbean soul that I can barely control fully developed I left Jack and ventured down the “rabbit hole” of rum and its tremendous diversity. Appleton Estate V/X and Reserve are two of my favorites (the Jamaican style in general is my favorite) and with them being aged in old Jack Daniel’s barrels it easy to see why. With that being said I wanted to come up with a Caribbean style variation on maybe the most famous Jack Daniel’s summer time cocktail. Think of it as the man from Lynchburg going on a little Jamaican vacation..”
Jack’s Jamaican Lemonade
- 1oz Jack Daniel’s Whiskey
- 1oz Appleton V/X (could use the Reserve as well)
- Splash Triple Sec
- Dash Angostura Bitters
- 2 1/2oz Simply Lemonade
- 1 1/2 oz Ting (could use a lemon-lime soda but it wouldn’t be very Jamaican now would it?)
Mixing Instructions: Shake the Liquors and Lemonade over crushed ice. Strain and top with Ting. Raise glass and cheers!
Another great Boat Drink recipe for the books. Let me know if you mix this bad boy up and what you thought.
P.S. - Leaving soon? These recommended links below will help you save money and book your trip:
- Grab a Caribbean Preferred Card. It will save you a ton of money. It gives you access to the largest collection of island discounts & promotions. Click here to learn more.
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page