Caravans of music lovers are streaming down I-75 as I write this. Their destination? Tampa Bay and Raymond James Stadium. Kenny Chesney and the No Shoes Nation tour will invade Raymond James and bring 60,000 people together in one of the year’s biggest party events. My rum running Jeep is packed full of provisions and we are ready to hang out with some like minded Castaways. If I were any more excited I’d be jumping out of my boxer briefs!
Tailgating for a Chesney show is nearly as much fun as the concert itself…nearly. Some gates for the stadium will open at 10am. That’s the time you will find our group in line to begin the day. Early yes, but we are experience Chesney tailgaters. The day is a marathon not a sprint. It will take an hour or more to unpack, set up the tents, the grills, the portable beaches, the beer trailers, the inflatable palm trees, the pirate flags, the rum punch and of course the never ending supply of great music.
If you are attending the show come find us in the south lot. We are aiming to set up under or around the group of trees in that lot. Come and say hi! I would love to meet any RumShopRyan.com readers and share a cold Corona with you.
The tour will feature Eric Church, Eli Young Band, Kacey Musgraves and Kenny Chesney. It will be high energy and almost more fun than should be legal. Chesney’s radio station, No Shoes Radio, will be bouncing around the parking lots interviewing cowboys, cowgirls and pirates alike. I am hoping Chesney will play a lot of new tunes from his up coming “Life On A Rock.” The new album is due to be released April 30th. Again, jumping out of my boxer briefs with excitement!
I will report next week on the tailgating and the show. Until then…raise m’ high!
P.S. - Leaving soon? These recommended links below will help you save money and book your trip:
- Grab a Caribbean Preferred Card. It will save you a ton of money. It gives you access to the largest collection of island discounts & promotions. Click here to learn more.
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page