Get Ready To Rock The Ocean!
On April 13th & 14th (11am to 9pm EST), Fort Lauderdale Beach will host Rock the Ocean’s inaugural Tortuga Music Festival. The beach will be transformed into an oceanfront music experience, featuring top country and rock artists and local culinary delights on the shores of the Florida coast. Sound like something you might like? Yeah, me too.
Me and a buddy drove the 8 hours to the beach concert that Jimmy Buffett put on a couple years ago in Gulf Shores, Alabama. Kenny Chesney and Zac Brown Band were suppose to be there, but due to a tropical storm the event was postponed a week. Kenny and Zac couldn’t make it, but Jimmy still put on a beach concert to remember.
When I saw that the likes of Chesney, Eric Church, Jake Owen, Grace Potter, Ben Harper, Michael Franti and many more had signed up to play at the new Tortuga Music Festival in Ft. Lauderdale I knew it was a can’t miss. There’s nothing better than a beach concert and this one has the makings of being one of the very best.
Together with Rock The Ocean, Tortuga Music Festival will pair music with meaning by raising awareness about marine conservation and issues affecting the world’s oceans.
The Line Up
- Kenny Chesney
- Eric Church
- The Avett Brothers
- Ben Harper & Charlie Musselwhite
- Gary Allan
- Jake Owen
- Lynyrd Skynyrd
- Gary Clark Jr.
- Eli Young Band
- Michael Franti & Spearhead
- Grace Potter
- Kip Moore
- G Love & Special Sauce
- Donavon Frankenreiter
- Mac McAnally
- The Wailers
- Sister Hazel
- Rayland Baxter
- The Bright Light Social Hour
The Rock The Ocean Foundation, Tortuga Festival’s founding partner, is dedicated to supporting scientific research, education and increasing public awareness about the issues impacting the world’s oceans.
The Rock The Ocean Foundation is also proud to be working with The Guy Harvey Foundation, an organization dedicated to ensuring that future generations will enjoy and benefit from a naturally balanced ocean ecosystem.
The Tortuga Music Festival brings together these great foundations and will treat fans to a weekend of incredible music in a stunning location. What better place to educate people on how we can all help protect our oceans than on a beautiful beach and a two day musical festival. This is exactly the type of event that will inspire and entertain Castaways like you and I.
For travel and ticket information you can visit the Tortuga Musical Festival’s website. www.tortugafestival.com
Hope to see some of you there!
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page