After one sip, you’ll be raising the colors.
Kenny Chesney’s first single from his upcoming album, Life On a Rock, is called Pirate Flag. I’m sure many of you have heard it, sang it, raised a glass to it and started calling random cuties on the street Pirate Girl. Okay, that last part might just be me.
The song takes us to the islands, it gives us a taste of what we all long for–a chance to trade it all in for a metaphorical Pirate Flag. If there was one song that pulls together everything I think the name Castaway stands for it might be this song. I know I’ve said that about a couple other Chesney songs and a Zac Brown Band song or two, but so what. Who says you can’t have multiple theme songs!
With Pirate Flag we did the same thing we did with ZBB’s Knee Deep song, we created a kick ass Boat Drink worthy of the name. Castaway Mixologist Jeremy McDaniel was inspired by the song and his upcoming June Chesney show. His Pirate Flag drink recipe contains lime juice, coconut water and of course rum. It also has an ingredient called Nutmeg Syrup. You’ll have to make this separately but the payoff is well worth it. Thirsty yet?
This recipe calls for Captain Morgan Black Spiced Rum, which is very good and of course follows the pirate theme we’re chasing here, but I would sub this rum out in a few weeks with a new rum that is about ready to hit the market. A little brand called Blue Chair Bay Rum. More about this new rum in the future.
The Pirate FlagIngredients:(ingredients are black and white plus it has a great pirate rum in it!)
- 2oz Captain Morgan Black spiced rum
- Slash lime juice
- 4oz coconut water
- 1/2oz nutmeg syrup (2 cups sugar, 1 1/2 cup water, 3/4 cup nutmeg, med heat stir til dissolved)
Mixing Instructions: Mix ingredients in glass with ice. Stir. Hoist glass and toast.
You know I can’t post about the Pirate Flag song and create a boat drink by the same name without showing you the Kenny Chesney Pirate Flag video. Watch this a couple times and tell me you don’t hear the Caribbean calling.
Cheers Castaways, see you under the flag!
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page