This is a guest post by Kristine Vicencio. Mainly for non-US Castaways who can travel to Cuba.
Not so long ago, traveling to Cuba was a bad idea. Fortunately, things have changed over the past couple of years and the country is more open than ever before to tourism.
Are you interested in visiting this island? If so, you should consider one of the many all inclusive deals that is available to travelers. With this, you can pay one price to get everything you need – from the flight to the hotel and much more.
Although you can do a lot of research online, you are never truly going to understand the beauty of Cuba until you touch down and begin to explore the island. Only then will you realize that you made a great decision on where to spend your holiday.
Note: since tourism is just now making a comeback in Cuba, prices are cheaper than many other destinations. This is reason enough to consider this island as opposed to one of thousands of other potential holiday hot spots.
At this point, you probably have one question on your mind: how affordable can a trip to Cuba really be? You have heard the hype, now you want to take a closer look at some of the numbers. That is what we are here for.
Using an online travel agent, I was able to find a variety of packages to ensure that you get the best price on every aspect of your trip.
Let’s assume you are leaving London Heathrow on May 4, 2013 and returning on May 11, 2013. There are packages for both flight and hotel accommodations starting at £1,500 per person and ranging to twice that much or more. While this may sound like a lot, keep one thing in mind: it includes both your flight and your hotel stay. This is why booking an all inclusive trip is the only way to go; you can truly save a lot of money.
Since Cuba is just now picking things up in terms of tourism, you should note that some hotels are of better quality than others. This is a detail to consider when booking. You may be tempted by the lowest price, but increasing your budget, even if only slightly, you can get a better overall deal.
Some of the hotels that offer the best value for the money include but are not limited to: Occidental Miramar, Nacional de Cuba, Mercure Playa de Oro, and Sandals Royal Hicacos.
In the past, traveling to Cuba was a no-no. Now, things have changed. Now, you can find an all inclusive package at an affordable price. This island has a lot to offer those who are willing to give it a try.
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page