After one sip, you’ll be sailing for a hurricane hole.
Rum has a rich history with sailors and the Caribbean. Shellback Rum embraces that history with their entire brand identity. Their name, bottle, cocktail recipes–everything revolves around sailors at sea. Not a bad thing in my book.
This week’s Boat Drink recipe is called the Stormy Seas and is a Shellback Rum exclusive recipe. This drink is smooth, tastes great and will actually calm a stormy sea, or stomach in my opinion. How? With Ginger Beer and its soothing effects.
Stormy Seas Cocktail Recipe
- 1 1/2 oz. Shellback Spiced Rum
- 1/4 oz. Coffee Liqueur
- 1 oz. Ruby Red Grapefruit Juice
- 3 oz. Ginger Beer
- Lime Wedge – Squeezed
Mixing Instructions: Build in highball glass over fresh ice. Squeeze lime over cocktail and drop in. Raise glass and toast.
Let me know if you mix up a Stormy Seas. Have you tried Shellback Rum yet? I’m starting to see it in more and more locations. It recently just showed up in our main grocery retailer’s liquor store.
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page