Sometimes two things come together and the combination is a match made in heaven. Peanut Butter and chocolate, biscuits and gravy, chips and salsa (I must be hungry)–that’s what happened when island photographer William Torrillo (Old Mango) and My Island Art got together.
William has a fantastic eye that captures the true island beauty, each photo is so life-like and vivid that you can almost hear the surf at your feet. Most of his photos are shot in the USVI and the BVI. William will occasionally ventures to other Caribbean islands for photo shoots but the VI’s are his bread and butter. (Really, another food reference?)
My Island Art is a company that takes productions from real Caribbean artists and creates beautiful products with them. This is what Jeff Vanderpool, the owner of My Island Art had to say about thepartnership with Old Mango.
“My Island Art is proud to be the exclusive outlet for this set of fine art images. Our offerings are printed with the lab exclusive Pearl Print process, that highlights the image saturation and lighting captured by the artist. Each is double-matted, and ready to frame and hang. Included in our selection are images from Cinnamon Bay, Cruz Bay, and Salomon Bay, St. John; Devil’s Bay Beach, Virgin Gorda; Long Bay Beach in Tortola; and the famous Soggy Dollar Bar on Jost Van Dyke. See the full collection of this catalog at Old Mango Pearl Photo Prints.”
Jeff and William were kind enough to send me a couple photos produced with this special printing process and they are truly unreal. As you can see I took a couple pictures of the photos but honestly these picture don’t do them justice. The exclusive photos are printed on a metallic based photo paper to bring out the vivid colors of the Caribbean. It is a special print process that the lab calls their Metallic Pearl paper. They almost glow.
Here’s what William had to say about the partnership.
“I’m running a limited edition of prints on metallic paper and Jeff at my island art is the exclusive printer for that style of print and for those particular images. I met Jeff at Secret Harbour about a year ago and we talked about island life, art, and business and we had an idea of printing some of my images, so after he sent me some samples, the work was incredible so i just had to partner with him.”
The story of how the two
met bumped into each other is a good one. Click here to ready the story.
If you would like to see all the Old Mango photos that are available with this special printing process through My Island Art, click the link below. They make the perfect gift for any island lover!
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page