After one sip, you’ll be waking up in a hammock wondering how you got there.
Go to Aruba and ask people where to find a great beach bar, I’m willing to bet that more than half will say Bugaloe Beach Bar is the place to be. Bugaloe has live music 4 nights a week, serves a good food, cold drinks and is located on the sand of Aruba’s famous Palm Beach.
This week’s Boat Drink recipe comes to us form Bugaloe Beach Bar and is called the Rasta Maan. Looking at the ingredients I have no idea why this cocktail would relate to rasta. I guess some times you just have to come up with a name you think people would like no matter if it relates to the ingredients or not.
The Rasta Maan is a simple drink, three ingredients blended with ice and served a with a smile. Frozen drinks usually aren’t my thing but the Rasta Maan does contain Mango, my weakness when it comes to foo foo drinks.
The recipe calls for Mango Syrup, but I would use real mangos if you have them. Slice up a few wedges and toss them into the blender. I also like to add a splash of the dark rum on top once it’s blended. More rum the better right?
Rasta Maan Drink Recipe
- 1 1/2 oz.Dark Rum (I like Myers or Kraken Rum for this drink)
- Mango Syrup (Sub real mango if you can)
- Margarita Mix
Mixing Instructions: Add ingredients to blender with ice. Blend until smooth. Pour into glass then add addition dark rum floater. Raise glass and toast.
Enjoy the Boat Drink recipe Castaways. Let me know if you mix this one up and what you thought.
Have any of you been to Bugaloe Beach Bar on Aruba, what was your experience like?
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page