Let’s pretend you have unlimited funds, unlimited vacation time and you want the make the Caribbean your oyster. Your goal is to do the best and see the best the islands have to offer. Well the people of ISLANDS Magazine have put together a Reader’s Choice list giving you the “Best of ” Caribbean. Over 17,000 seasoned Caribbean travelers weighed in on the best the islands have to offer. Best resorts, best beach bars, best snorkeling spots…best everything!
Give this list a read and let me know your thoughts. Do you recommend a different “Best?”
Here’s what the ISLANDS readers had to say.
- Best Happy Hour: Rick’s Café, Jamaica
- Best Mega-resort: Atlantis, Bahamas
- Best Golf Resort: Four Seasons, Nevis
- Best Luxury Resort: Parrot Cay, Turks and Caicos
- Best Festival: Trinidad Carnival
- Best Family Resort: Atlantis, Bahamas
- Best Midsize Hotel: Caneel Bay, St. John, USVI
- Best Beer: Red Stripe
- Best Natural Attraction or Park: Virgin Islands National Park, St. John, USVI
- Best Bang for the Buck Resort: Beaches Turks & Caicos
- Best Overall Caribbean Island: Puerto Rico
- Best Island for Celebrity Watching: St. Barts
- Best Romantic Resort: Jade Mountain, St. Lucia
- Best Adventure Destination: Belize
- Best Rum: Cruzan
- Best Island to Live on: St. John, USVI
- Best Shopping: St. Thomas, USVI
- Best Beach: Seven-Mile Beach, Grand Cayman
- Best Small Hotel: Little Cayman Beach Resort
- Best All-Inclusive: Beaches Turks and Caicos
- Best Resort Spa: Silver Rain, Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman
- Best Snorkeling & Diving: Belize
- Resort With the Best View: Jade Mountain, St. Lucia
- Best Restaurant: The Cliff, Barbados
Click here to see the list and what ISLANDS had to say about each spot.
So what do you think, let’s all take a year off and island hop the Caribbean and experience each “BEST” on this list. I’m in, just need to find one of those people with unlimited funds to sponsor this bald pirate!
Let me know if you have a different best of or maybe you would like to add one to the list.
(Photo by SeaDream.com)
P.S. - Leaving soon? These recommended links below will help you save money and book your trip:
- Grab a Caribbean Preferred Discount Card. It will save you a ton of money. It gives you access to the largest collection of island discounts & promotions. Click here to learn more.
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page