Before I announce the winners of the Goin’ Coastal with Kenny & Costa Photo Contest I’d like to thank everyone who took the time to submit a photo and everyone who kept voting for their favorites. We had 89 amazing photos submitted of people living the island lifestyle and I loved them all! Fun contests like this wouldn’t be possible without great people like all of you and for that I thank you. Nice work Castaways!
Secondly I’d like to thank the great people of Costa del Mar for donating two rockin’ Kenny Chesney signature Costa sunglasses. Kenny and Costa teamed up three years ago to bring people a signature line of sunglasses. Not only are Kenny’s island lifestyle and Costa’s water lifestyle a perfect match, but $5 from each pair sold goes to the Coastal Conservation Association. The Coastal Conservation Association (CCA) is a grassroots advocacy organization dedicated to ocean and coastal conservation programs. Since 2010, more than $80,000 has already been donated to CCA as a result of the Kenny Chesney and Costa partnership. The CCA has helped fund habitat restoration initiatives throughout the Gulf of Mexico as well as reef creation and oyster restoration projects around the Southeast.
Now with that all said, it’s time to announce the winners!
Winners of the Goin’ Coastal with Kenny & Costa Photo Contest
Congratulations to CJ Hudson and Jeff Howard!
Our first place winner was CJ with a total of 440 votes. CJ wanted to win a pair of Kenny Costas for his wife and he succeed! Here is what CJ had to say about his photo, “We are 2 school teachers who were on our Honeymoon during spring break of this year. We were in the Riviera Maya near Tulum at the Royal Catalonia Tulum.”
Our second place winner is Jeff Howard of St. Thomas USVI with 334 total votes. Here’s what Jeff had to say about his photo.
“The photo was taken by Kathy H. as she ,my best friend Scott and Micki all were celebrating my 50th birthday (Nov.9th,2010) on St John, photo is at Maho Bay…..it was definitely a WAYTOOMUCHFUNCLUB event!!”
I’ll be mailing out their Kenny Costas tomorrow, hopefully they will send in a photo of them sportin’ their new shades!
Again, big thanks to everyone who participated! You guys rock.
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page