After one sip, you’ll be going no where fast.
Happy Memorial Day Castaways! Today is the holiday that marks the beginning of Summer. To celebrate I thought we would move the Boat Drink recipe up a couple days.
Today’s drink is called the Cruzan Summer Slow-Down. Summer means longer days, relaxing days at the lake or beach and cold refreshing rum drinks. This summer Cruzan Rum believes in the island mentality of “The Don’t Hurry” — sitting back, relaxing and taking in one moment at a time. The USVI rum company created this “The Don’t Hurry” cocktail to celebrate Memorial day and the start of the summer season.
Cruzan Summer Slow-Down
- 2 parts Cruzan® Coconut Rum
- .5 part Triple Sec
- Sparkling Lime Soda Water
Mixing Instructions: Combine rum and triple sec in a rocks glass over ice. Top with sparkling soda water and garnish with a lime wedge.
Cruzan Rum has launched a new campaign featuring a tourism video that invites viewers to the island of “The Don’t Hurry.” It’s a metaphorical place where life never moves too fast and the Cruzan Rum is always within reach. Here is the funny video that promotes that “Don’t Hurry” lifestyle. I love the Zero-K run part!
Enjoy your day off!
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page