They say Dominica, the nature island, would be the only island in the Caribbean that Christopher Columbus would recognize. When the King of Spain asked Columbus to describe Dominica, he took a piece of paper, crumbled it up and laid it down. He did this to symbolize the mountainous and jagged topography of the island.
This off-the-beaten-track Caribbean island is home to stunning waterfalls, dense tropical rainforest and Minnesota native, Beverly Deikel. Beverly is the focus of the latest EX-PATS episode from the Reserve Channel on YouTube.
Watch as Savannah Jane Buffett joins Beverly Deikel at Rosalie Bay Eco Resort, the hotel she spent eight years building. After ending a marriage of 39 years, Beverly left her family in Minnesota to create a new life for herself in Dominica. There she has found love, started a business, and created the Rosalie Sea Turtle Initiative — an organization that protects the endangered Leatherback sea turtle that is native to the island.
EX-PATS: Beverly Deikel, Dominica
I haven’t been to Dominica yet, but am drawn to its raw natural beauty. This episode showcases that beauty in nearly every shot. Lush rainforest, dramatic waterfalls, a charming eco-resort–what’s not to fall in love with!
Have you been to Dominica or Rosalie Bay Resort? If you have I would love to hear what you thought about the island.
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page