After one sip, you’ll be slapping fins all night long.
Wicked Dolphin is a brand new rum distilled and bottled by Cape Spirits right here in southwest Florida. I’m proud to support this new local rum, and so are a lot of other people judging by the Gold Medal they won at this year’s Rum Renaissance Festival in Miami. I was able to take a tour of the distillery a few months ago and got some great information for you, but being that today is Wednesday, it’s all about the cocktails today!
Today’s Boat Drink recipe is called the Taletini and is a signature cocktail from Wicked Dolphin Rum. It’s a simple drink, but has the pop that will have you smiling the rest of the night. You’ll quickly understand what the “Wicked” is all about!
Taletini Drink Recipe
- 2oz. Wicked Dolphin Rum
- 10z. Blue Curacao
- 10z. Pineapple Juice
Mixing Instructions: Shake ingredients together in ice filled mixing glass. Strain into martini glass and garnish with a juicy Florida orange slice. Raise glass and toast.
I was able to sit down with distillery owner JoAnn Elardo to find out the story behind the rum. Stories like how the name Wicked Dolphin came about, where do the ingredients come from, and when and where can people get their hands on a bottle or two. These are all great stories that I’m going to save for a later date. Got to leave you wanting more!
I’m working on a Wicked Dolphin drink video that will be shot on the beach. Training the dolphin to pour the rum is taking longer than I had hoped though. Then again, he may be training me instead.
Stay tuned, much more to come from this new Florida rum.
- Get your flight with Skyscanner or AirfarewatchDog (between them, you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page