What do you want to know about the Caribbean? Tonight at 7pm-8pm EST, I”ll be the guest host in a tweetchat put on by the good folks from Caribbean Trading Company. It would be great to have a bunch of you Castaways join in on the conversation and tell us your Caribbean travel stories. I’ll be there to answer questions, so feel free to ask me anything!
Simply log onto twitter and follow the hashtag #CaribbeanChat. In case you’re new to tweetchats here is a run down. They are a lot of fun and we will all learn a lot about the islands and rum!
Two ways you can attend #CaribbeanChat:
1. Log into Twitter at the start of the chat and search #CaribbeanChat. You will want to search “all Tweets” because “top Tweets” may skip important contributions to the chat. You’ll continue searching this hashtag as a means of keeping the chat updated. In order to participate in the chat, all of your tweets must include the tag #CaribbeanChat.
2. Log into a hashtag following or social media service with your Twitter account information. Examples include: TweetChat.com, Twub.com, Hootsuite.com, Sprout Social, etc. Enter the hashtag #CaribbeanChat and automatically the service will list in chronological order all tweets that are using the same hashtag.
What is a TweetChat?
A Tweet Chat (aka Twit Chat or Twitter Chat) is a guided conversation between Twitter users on a preselected date and time. The Tweet Chat can be easily followed because everyone uses the same hashtag on all of the Tweets (in this case #CaribbeanChat). Everyone is welcome to join a Tweet Chat!
Tweet Chats are awesome places to network, they are a great way to get new Twitter followers with similar interests and also attract new followers! At a Tweet Chat there are opportunities for all attendees to interact, ask questions and share stories.
TweetChat Important Details:
Tuesday, June 11 from 7-8pm EST
Hopefully this explains how a TweetChat (or Twitter Chat) works! I hope you will join us tonight for #CaribbeanChat, mix yourself up a rum drink, put on some smooth reggae and fire up your twitter account, it’s going to be a great time!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner or AirfarewatchDog (between them, you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page