Hungry for delicious Caribbean food but don’t have the time to travel to the islands? The 2013 Taste of the Caribbean is taking place June 26-30th at the Hyatt Regency in Miami, Florida.
At the Taste of the Caribbean over 10 teams from the Caribbean compete in a hot food/culinary team competition, bartender competition and pastry competition. Each participating team represents a Caribbean island which has held individual competitions to select their national team. Each team is composed of 2 senior chefs, 1 junior chef, 1 bartender, 1 pastry chef and 1 manager.
The participating team members represent hotels, restaurants or educational institutions in the Caribbean which are members of the Caribbean Hotel and Tourism Association (CHTA).
Tickets range from $30 to $110. For more information and to see photos of previous years visit the CHTA website.
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page