I think Mr. Chesney is a reader of RumShopRyan.com, he liked how RSR readers are called Castaways and decided he needed a cool name for his fan base. That’s how No Shoes Nation came about right? Ahhhhh, probably not.
I’m happy to be a part of No Shoes Nation and on June 19th No Shoes Nation is coming into your living room. The GAC channel will air a documentary on Kenny Chesney and his No Shoes Nation. The show will air at 10pm EST/9pm C. Get those DVRs set!
GAC cameras were in tow when Chesney landed in Ft. Lauderdale, Key West, Tampa, Jacksonville, St. John, and Barbados. This exclusive special features a variety of performances, interactions with fans, and a look at how Kenny created his new Blue Chair Bay Rum.
When GAC approached Kenny Chesney about filming a documentary on where he is in his career, he readily agreed, eager for the chance to balance the personal nature of his Life On A Rock album with his high energy stadium shows, all while celebrating his fans. Kenny Chesney: No Shoes Nation premieres June 19 at 10/9c on GAC.
“When we were finishing Life On A Rock, which was a collection of songs that were never meant to be part of an actual album, it occurred to me how thin the line between the music, me and my fans really is,” Kenny said. “I realized not only were those songs my fans’ lives, too; but that my fans like their lives with every bit as much heart, as much passion as I do — I wanted a special that showed them how they look to me, too.”
Produced by Shaun Silva, the 60-minute documentary was filmed in Ft. Lauderdale, Key West, Tampa, Jacksonville, St. John and Barbados during tour rehearsals, in the islands, at club gigs, stadiums shows and all sorts of places in between, giving fans a 360 degree picture of what it’s like to be Kenny. The documentary contains candid interviews and conversations that aim to reach those who love not just Kenny, but his music.
No Shoes Nation and Castaways, all one big Caribbean traveling, rum soaked, music loving, laid-back group of folks who love to have a good time. My kind of people. Raising my glass to all of you right now.
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page