If you could have one skill, one talent, what would it be? Would you want to be a world class athlete, creative photographer or maybe have the ability to say your ABC’s backwards? (I still don’t know how people do that, my brain must be broken.) Me, I wish I could sing. Singing and playing the guitar is such a creative outlet. To be able to inspire and create energy in people by singing is an amazing skill. Plus the ladies really seem to love it!
They only time I sound good is in the car with the windows down and the music cranked up. Okay, I really never sound good.
Kees Dieffenthaller is a popular artist from Trinidad & Tobago. He started out doing covers in the late 90’s, but by 2005 his smooth lyrics, good looks and strong stage presence lead him to create his own band with his brothers. The new band was simply named Kes.
The band’s unique blend of soulful vocals and calypso-inspired melodies, over a fusion of rock riffs and island beats, with hints of soca and reggae, can best be described as Caribbean Pop. This style has made Kes extremely popular, making the band a household name in Trinidad & Tobago and throughout the Caribbean circuit including Miami, New York and Los Angeles.
The song and video below is called “Tuesday on the Rocks.” It’s a light, pop-reggae track that should get you in the mood for a beach party, a casual drive down the road or even the craziness of Carnival. What ever mood it creates for you the Caribbean will definitely be on your mind.
Tuesday On The Rocks – Kes
What do you think? Did it put you in a relaxed island state of mind? Love the coconut drink he’s rockin’ in half the video!
If you’d like to make “Tuesday On The Rocks” part of your music collection you can download it here – Tuesday On the Rocks (Gyal Season Riddim) – Tuesday On the Rocks (Gyal Season Riddim) – Single
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page