After one sip, you won’t know if the sun is going down or coming up.
Break out the rum and juices, here comes an original creation from Castaway mixologist Jeremy McDaniel. Jeremy is getting excited for No Shoes Nation to pull into his town and has been experimenting with Chesney’s Blue Chair Bay Rum. He’s ready to push it into sixth gear and coast into his St. Somewhere. Feel like tagging along?
Today’s Boat Drink recipe is called When The Sun Goes Down and calls for Blue Chair Bay Coconut Spiced Rum. It’s a tall glass filled with a little bit of this, little bit of that, and a little bit of rum. If you’re ready to do nothin’ but breath all day until the big moon rises and it’s time to play, then put a little bit of When The Sun Goes Down in your glass.
When The Sun Goes Down Drink Recipe
- 2oz Blue Chair Bay Coconut Spiced Rum
- 1 1/2oz Passion Fruit Juice
- 1 1/2oz Simply Orange w/Mango Juice
- 1 1/2oz Cranberry Juice
- Splash Cream of Coconut
- Splash Cruzan Blackstrap Rum
Mixing Instructions: Shake all but Cruzan over ice. Strain and float Cruzan Blackstrap. Raise glass and toast.
The dark rum floater makes it look like the darkness is falling on that perfect day in the Caribbean. It makes our friend Jeremy think of Kenny’s new song, “It’s that time of day.” I couldn’t agree more.
Had to included Kenny’s video for When The Sun Goes Down.
Let me know if you mix this cocktail up, I would love to hear what you though!
Please Subscribe If You Love The Caribbean!
Subscribe to Daily Updates
RumShopRyan YouTube Channel
Caribbean Pinterest Boards
RumShopRyan on Google +
P.S. – Leaving soon? These recommended links below will help you save money and book your trip:
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you’ll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com – They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page
We use all the companies listed here or on the resource page. By booking through these links, the small commission we earn helps us bring you more Caribbean content so that you can save money and have a better island vacation. Crystal and I greatly appreciate any support!