After one sip, you’ll be calling Reggae Beach home.
St. Kitts is a treasure in the Leeward Islands of the Caribbean. It has some really great beach bars, most of them line the beach on South Frigate Bay. There might be 15-17 beach bars all lined, one after the other (Is that what heaven is like?). South Frigate is what the locals refer to as the strip and it’s a can’t miss if you’re visiting St. Kitts. But a place that many would call the most famous beach bar on St. Kitts, is not located on the strip. Like all good places, it’s a little off the beaten path.
Reggae Beach Bar and Grill is located on the southern tip of St. Kitts on a beach named Cockleshell Bay. If I remember correctly, it is about a 30 minute drive if you’re staying at the St. Kitts Marriott Resort.
I was only able to visit Reggae Beach Bar for a little over an hour during my stay on St. Kitts, but it is an hour I think of often. While bellied up to the bar and shooting the breeze with a couple on island vet students, the smiling bartender would mix nameless drinks and slide them in front of us without us even placing an order. My type of place. One of the drinks was a frozen banana drink with chocolate and coconut flavors. It was mind-blowingly good.
Looking back at their drink menu, if I had to guess what the drink was I would say the B. B. C.–Baileys, Banana, Coconut Cream. Pure island-time in a glass.
Today’s boat drink recipe is the B. B. C. cocktail inspired by Reggae Beach Bar. It’s a fantastic drink, but I’m going to add a little sumthin’ sumthin’ extra to it. We have to add a little rum to the B. B. C. drink recipe right? Just doesn’t feel right without rum. The rum we are going to use is Brinley Gold Shipwreck spiced rum from St. Kitts. Now let’s mix this bad boy up!
B.B.C. Cocktail Recipe
- 1oz. Baileys
- Half a Banana
- 1oz. Coconut Cream
- 1oz. Brinley Gold Shipwreck Rum
Mixing Instructions: Add all ingredients to blender with ice. Blend until smooth. Pour into glass and drizzle chocolate on top. Raise glass and toast.
Have you ever mixed a B. B. C. cocktail up? Have you ever had one at Reggae Beach Bar? If so, I would would love to hear about your experience!
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page