Ahhhh, Key West.
There really is no place like it. It’s hard to pick just one thing that makes this rock such a unique destination, because there are a million reasons why. It’s the American Caribbean, it has a rich history and has been a haven for artistic singer songwriter types for decades. When you pack a small island with a high concentration of creative types, things can get a little wacky. And that’s why I love Key West, anything goes and nobody really cares.
You want to see a human dancing with a dog in a bar, go to Key West. American folk singer songwriter Michael McCloud is a regular performer at the Schooner Wharf bar and he has a song called “Schooner Wharf Bar Dog.” Can you see how the dancing dog story is starting to take shape now?
Here is a great video of the Schooner Wharf Bar Dog song, a Key West original by Michael McCloud. Cheers to the happy dancing couple!
Michael McCloud – “Schooner Wharf Bar Dog”
I don’t know much about Michael McCloud and his band. His website is very basic and I wasn’t able to find a lot of history on him. The one interesting thing I did find is that he filed copyright infringement against country singer Toby Keith in 2006. McCloud claims that Keith’s 2003 hit song I Love This Bar was copied largely from his, Tourist Town Bar song.
Have you enjoyed a night or two at the Wharf with the music of Michael McCloud filling the salty air? Ahhhhh, Key West.
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page