After one sip, you’ll be treetop flying.
I’m not a picky guy when it comes to refreshing beverages. I’m happy with an ice cold beer like Corona, Kalik or Carib, a nice glass of rum straight up or a fruity mixed rum drink. When it comes to mixed drinks I tend to favor those with banana or banana flavoring. There’s just something about banana drinks that puts me in a Caribbean state of mind.
This week’s Boat Drink recipe is called the Big Bamboo Banana Bean and was created by Castaway mixologist Jeremy McDaniel. He knows my weakness for banana boat drinks and designed this drinks with that in mind. I’ll drink to that!
Big Bamboo Banana Bean
- 1 1/2oz Cruzan dark rum
- 1/2oz Cruzan banana rum
- 1/2oz dark Creme de cacao
- 2oz pineapple juice
- 2oz simply orange w/banana
Mixing Instructions: Shake all w/crushed ice. Strain over ice. Raise glass and toast
Thank you for another great drink Jeremy. Castaways let me know if you mix the Big Bamboo Banana Bean drink and what you thought. Always love hearing what you guys think.
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page