Cruzan Rum unveils its latest innovation, Cruzan Velvet Cinn™, to fill the need for a premium rum option in the rapidly growing rum horchata market. Now available nationally, Cruzan Velvet Cinn features fine Cruzan Rum with the addition of rich, sweet dairy cream and a smooth cinnamon flavor.
Cruzan Rum is made from tropical rainwater and high-quality molasses and is distilled to be the cleanest-tasting rum on the market. Crafted by Cruzan Master Distiller Gary Nelthropp, whose family has been making rum on the island of St. Croix for generations, Cruzan Velvet Cinn stands out among other horchatas. In addition to containing Cruzan Rum, it combines the flavors of bakery cinnamon and rich dairy for a smooth and creamy combination reminiscent of cinnamon toast. Velvet Cinn also has a higher proof than others in the category.
“As rum horchatas gain in popularity and presence, Cruzan Rum saw the opportunity in the marketplace to develop a premium rum horchata option. Velvet Cinn makes an excellent addition to our exceptional portfolio and fills a need in the marketplace for a premium cream rum liqueur,” said Nabil Wanna, Senior Brand Manager of Rum at Beam Inc. “It fits right in with our expansion of flavors and provides rum horchata lovers with a high-quality alternative.”
Horchata is a milky drink that originates from Mexico and is especially popular when mixed with rum. Cruzan Velvet Cinn takes the naturally sweet flavor a step further by adding a robust and lingering taste of cinnamon. Cruzan Velvet Cinn can be enjoyed on its own, mixed in a shot or in a cocktail. Jesse Card, Cruzan’s Master Mixologist, created the following recipes to introduce the new flavor:
Cruzan Cinnful Cherry
- 3/4 parts Cruzan Velvet Cinn Horchata with Rum
- 1/2 parts Cruzan Black Cherry Rum
Method: Combine all over ice, stir, pour into shot glass.
Cruzan Cinnful Martini
- 1 1/2 parts Cruzan Velvet Cinn Horchata with Rum
- 1 parts Cruzan Aged Dark Rum
- 1/2 parts DeKuyper Blood Orange Liqueur
- Float DeKuyper Hot Damn! Liqueur
- Flamed Orange zest
Method: Combine Cruzan Velvet Cinn, Cruzan Aged Dark Rum & Blood Orange Liqueur in a tumbler over ice & stir for 15 seconds. Strain into a chilled martini glass. Float a small amount of DeKuyper Hot Damn! Liqueur on top & finish with a flamed orange zest.
Cruzan Velvet Cinn is now available with a suggested retail price of $19.99 per 750ml bottle. It joins the Cruzan portfolio of rums that include of Cruzan Aged Light Rum, Cruzan Aged Dark Rum, Cruzan Black Strap Rum, Cruzan Single Barrel Rum, Cruzan 151 Proof Rum, Cruzan 9 Spiced Rum and 13 other flavored rums infused with natural flavors, such as vanilla, coconut, key lime, passion fruit, mango and strawberry.
- Get your flight with Skyscanner or AirfarewatchDog (between them, you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page