Sailing through the Grenadine Islands aboard the tall ship Diamant might sound like heaven on Earth, and for 99.9% of the trip it was. My only regret…we didn’t stop at Mustique.
For whatever reason Mustique has always interested me. It’s like the hot girl in class that you’re just a little too afraid to talk to. Mustique is known for its exclusiveness, its famous property owners, and Basil’s Bar. Back when I first started RSR I jokingly sent a tweet to @LuxeTiffany, whom is a luxury hotel inspector and fellow travel writer, asking her to grab me a Basil’s Bar visor since she was on island. In all honesty it was a joke, I was just excited to be following her tweets from the island. A couple weeks later a Basil’s Bar visor arrived in the mail. I was floored. Thank you Tiffany, I’m glad I wasn’t afraid to talk to the pretty girl!
Today’s Boat Drink recipe comes to us from the Cotton House on Mustique. The Cotton House is the only luxury resort on the island, everything else is private. The Beach Café & Bar at the Cotton House is known to have the largest mojito menu in the Grenadines. One of those concoctions is the Frozen Bligh’s Blood Mojito made with the delicious Captain Bligh’s XO Rum from St. Vincent. (You can of course swap out to another nice gold rum if you don’t have any Captain Bligh’s on hand.) Who’s ready for a mojito?!
Frozen Bligh’s Blood Mojito: Cotton House, Mustique
- 2.5 oz. Captain Bligh’s XO Rum
- 4 oz. Blood Orange Puree
- 2 Slices of Fresh Island Limes
- 8 Large Fresh Mint Leaves
- 1 oz. Teaspoon Demerara Raw Brown Sugar
- Soda Splash
Mixing Instructions: Muddle the fresh lime, 6 mint leaves and Demerara brown sugar in a mojito glass. Fill a martini shaker with ice. Add Bligh’s XO Rum and blood orange puree. Blend until frozen. Pour in the frozen mixture of ice, rum and puree over the top of the lime mint mixture. Splash the top with soda and garnish quickly with remaining mint sprig. Raise glass and toast.
Have you been to Mustique or the Cotton House? I would love to hear about your experience. Also, you have to tell me if you mix up a Bligh’s Blood Mojito, I’m not a mojito fan in general but this one sounds pretty amazing.
Cheers to flirting with the pretty girl…the island of Mustique!
Subscribe to Daily Updates
RumShopRyan YouTube Channel
Caribbean Pinterest Boards
RumShopRyan on Google +
P.S. – Leaving soon? These recommended links below will help you save money and book your trip:
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you’ll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com – They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page
We use all the companies listed here or on the resource page. By booking through these links, the small commission we earn helps us bring you more Caribbean content so that you can save money and have a better island vacation. Crystal and I greatly appreciate any support!