The Caribbean is soaked in brilliant colors, but what if you were to wash out the blue water, pastel homes and lush rainforest, would it still be beautiful? I think so.
Every once in awhile I’ll pretend to be creative and turn some photos into black and white. I’m not sure what it is about black and white photos, but there’s just something powerful about them. It’s kind of like standing on a dark beach at night with nothing but the moonlight. You know something big and powerful is there, but you can’t quite see it, it’s cloaked in mystery. That’s how I feel about black and white photography. They are mysterious.
Caribbean beach bars are pure bliss. They are usually painted in bright colors, decked out with license plates, old t-shirts and other island swag. Let’s steal their color and turn them into something completely different.
Do you know the name of the beach bar/restaurant that’s pictured above? Leave a comment below with your best guess and I’ll send you a free RumShopRyan koozie to the first person that gets it right.
Caribbean Beach Bars In Black & White
Shipwreck Beach Bar – St. Kitts
Reggae Beach Bar – St. Kitts
Sip Sip – Harbor Island, Bahamas
Schooner Wharf – Key West, Florida
Chat N’ Chill Beach Bar – Stocking Island, Exuma Bahamas
End of the World Saloon – Bimini, Bahamas
Happy Island – Union Island, St. Vincent and the Grenadines
Sandy Toes Beach Bar – Rose Island, Bahamas
Stuart’s Conch Salad Stand – Bimini, Bahamas
Post Card Inn Beach Bar – St. Pete Beach, Florida
Santana’s Beach Bar – Little Exuma, Bahamas
Iggies Beach Bar – St. Thomas, USVI
High Star Bar – Bimini, Bahamas
There’s just something about beach bars, just looking at photos of them relaxes the soul. There are so many beach bars, so many islands and it seems like so little time. Is it an impossible goal to have a drink at every single Caribbean beach bar? Who knows, but it will be one hell of a time trying won’t it.
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page