What’s the first thing you think of when someone says, Jamaica?
Is it sandy beaches? Fastest man in the world? Jerk chicken? Those are great answers, but I think RUM should definitely be high on this list. Me personally, after Barbados, Jamaica is head of the class when it comes to Caribbean rum.
Located 25 minutes west of Montego Bay, Harmony Hill villa is a private luxury villa at The Tryall Club that sits 350 feet above the blue Caribbean sea. With seven-bedrooms and your own personal bartender Harmony Hill will dazzle all. It’s a little more fancy than what I’m use too, hell I’d be happy with a hammock on the beach and a bottle of rum!
The villa’s bartender, Jerome Dellon, has given us this week’s drink recipe and it’s fittingly called the JD Special. Made with Appleton VX Jamaica Rum, June plum juice, lime juice, mango, melon and cucumber, the JD Special is sure to cool you down on a hot Caribbean day.
The JD Special Cocktail Recipe
- 12 oz. Appleton VX Jamaica Rum
- 6 oz. June Plum Juice
- 1 oz. Lime Juice
- 8 slices of fresh mango
- 1 handful of ice cubes
- 4 cubes of melon
- 4 thin slices cucumber (as garnish)
Mixing Instructions: Combine all liquids and fruit in a blender and blend until smooth. Add ice cubes and blend so it forms a frosty texture and is almost frozen. Serve in a hurricane glass and garnish with fresh cucumber and melon cube. Raise glass and toast.
Castaways, let me know if you mix up a JD Special. I’m eager to know what you guys thought.
Thank you to Tryall Club for the great recipe!
P.S. - Leaving soon? These recommended links below will help you save money and book your trip:
- Grab a Caribbean Preferred Card. It will save you a ton of money. It gives you access to the largest collection of island discounts & promotions. Click here to learn more.
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page