I know that a lot of you Castaways are fans of raising the sheets and letting the trade winds push you around the waters of the Caribbean. It’s a method of travel that is all about the journey, not how fast you can get from point A to point B. Sailing embraces the “Don’t Hurry” attitude that many of us hold dearly.
Now to totally contradict my previous statement, today’s Boat Drink recipe relates to the America’s Cup. This sailing race features some of the fastest boats to sail the seas. Their goal, to get from point A to point B as fast as possible.
The final leg of the America’s Cup race was suppose to happen yesterday but it was postponed due to high winds, but the race should be concluded in the next couple days. Our friends at Cruzan Rum have come up with today’s drink recipe called the Cruzan Toast at the Point. The USVI rum company invites all boating fans to slow down and “Don’t Hurry” while these amazing boats do just the opposite.
The Cruzan Toast at the Point cocktail features the just-released Cruzan Estate Diamond Light Rum.
Cruzan Toast at the Point
- 1 1/2 parts Cruzan Estate Diamond Light Rum
- 1/2 parts Elderflower Liqueur
- 1/4 parts Fresh Lemon Juice
- Sparkling Wine
- Lemon Twist
Mixing Instructions: Combine Cruzan Estate Diamond Rum, Elderflower Liqueur and Fresh Lemon Juice over ice in a shaker and stir for 10 seconds. Strain into a Champagne flute and top with sparkling wine. Garnish with a wide lemon twist.
I’ve only just taken a small taste of the new Cruzan Estate Diamond Light and Dark rum, but so far I’m a fan. More “research” is needed, but I think the Distiller’s Collection is going to be a great new addition to any rum collection.
Let me know if you mix up the Cruzan Toast at the Point and what you thought of it.
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page