If you could pick one profession in life what would it be? Would you be an astronaut, a rock star, a professional athlete? The possibilities are endless, it just depends on where your passions lie.
If I had the choice it would be nearly a tie between a pro basketball player or a guitar playing musician. I played basketball in high school, a year in college, and still play pickup ball once a week. It’s just part of what I love and who I am. Then on the other side, though I can barely play two chords on the guitar and can’t sing a lick, I would love to play and sing for people. My mother put me through piano and trumpet lessons when I was a kid, how I wish I could go back in time and learn that old six-string instead.
When I see people that do the very thing that I wish I could do, I get inspired. Anyone that can sing and play guitar I applaud you. It could be Kenny Chesney or the guy playing at the local beach bar, they all have a talent that amazes me.
This week’s featured musician is in constant rotation on my beach playlist. He sings about the coastal lifestyle and while I’ve never met him, I think he would be a lot of fun to hang out with. His name is Jake Thomas and his band, Jake and the Half Conched Band will entertain your island dreams.
Here’s a taste with his song Corona Drinking Dreamer. How can you go wrong with a song title like that!
Corona Drinking Dreamer – Jake and the Half Conched Band
You can download Corona Drinking Dreamer and the rest of the Salt in My Veins album here.
A couple years ago wrote about another one of my favorite Jake and the Half Conched Band songs called, Time For A Change. I think you Castaways will really dig it as well if you haven’t already heard it.
Jake is close to releasing his new album, titled Nothing But Sun. As soon as I get my hands on it I’ll let you guys know all about it. In the meantime, you can follow the coastal exploits of Jake and the Half Conched Band on Facebook.
Cheers to all you Corona drinking dreamers out there!
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page