The annual Caribbean Rum & Beer Festival is heading back to Grenada on 21st – 23rd of November 2013. With Grenada debuting as the host country last year, the Festival organizers are excited to return to the ‘Spice Isle’. According to the Festival Director Ms. Cheryl Collymore, the reasons for once again choosing Grenada, were clear when she noted that ‘It really comes down to being ‘back by popular demand’. We have been overwhelmed by the response from last year’s exhibitors, rum and beer expert judges, sponsors, and visitors all imploring us to return to Grenada.”
The Grenada Board of Tourism will again be fully onboard as the marketing partner for the Festival. Acting Head of Marketing at Grenada Board of Tourism Ms. Christine Noel-Horsford commented “Based on last year’s event it is clear that the Caribbean Rum & Beer Festival is an excellent fit with the tourism product of Grenada. It provides yet another compelling reason for visitors to travel to Grenada, and it also shines a spotlight on Grenada’s world class rum and beer products.”
The Caribbean Rum & Beer Festival is an enticing mixture of rum and beer exhibitors from across the region, product sampling, an annual CAB Taste Contest, master classes on rum and beer, as well as Caribbean music and food. Since its launch in Barbados in 2010 the festival has proved to be increasingly popular both with exhibitors and visitors.
The festival organizers, Azure Management Services, are promising that the 2013 Caribbean Rum & Beer Festival will be the best yet. Operations Director Dr. Glyn Williams added “We get some of the world’s finest rum and beers on offer at the festival; they represent the Caribbean region at its best. To compliment these great products we plan to create an entertainment package of equal value.”
Recognizing the growing power of social media, Azure Management has engaged the services of a Miami based social media marketing company to create an innovative marketing campaign aligned to the target audience for the festival and Grenada.
The blue ribbon event of the Caribbean Rum & Beer Festival will be the 2013 CAB Taste Contest. Submitted rum and beers will be subjected to a blind tasting evaluation by a leading team of experts in the rum and beer industry. Over 10 international expert judges will travel to Grenada specifically to be a part of the event. The gold, silver and bronze medals awarded to winners are a tribute to the world class beverage products of the Caribbean.
The festival schedule for the 2013 Caribbean Rum & Beer Festival includes; a gala charity silent auction to raise monies for the Grenada based Queen Elizabeth Home (QEH) for children, as well as the annual Caribbean Rum & Beer Festival golf tournament which will be held at the Grenada Golf Club on the final day of the festival. (www.rumandbeerfestival.com)
P.S. - Leaving soon? These recommended links below will help you save money and book your trip:
- Grab a Caribbean Preferred Card. It will save you a ton of money. It gives you access to the largest collection of island discounts & promotions. Click here to learn more.
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page