After one sip, you’ll be hunting for your balls in the weeds.
Golf balls people, golf balls; work with me here. This week’s boat drink recipe is a twist on the Arnold Palmer, made famous by the golf legend. His drink, also called the Half and Half, is a combination of lemonade and iced tea. Our drink, created by Castaway mixologist Jeremy McDaniel, is called the Caribbean Arnie and it tastes fantastic!
The Caribbean Arnie obviously has a touch of rum and a little island flavor, but keeps the two main ingredients that makes the Arnold Palmer what it is. The recipe calls for Myer’s Platinum White Rum, but Blue Chair Bay White Rum works really well also. Now break out the mixing glasses because this drink is a hole-in-one! Too corny…yeah probably.
The Caribbean Arnie, A Twist on the Arnold PalmerIngredients
- 2oz Myers’s Platinum White Rum ( Blue Chair Bay White is a good sub)
- 2 1/2 oz Simply Lemonade with Mango
- 2 1/2 oz Gold Peak Ice Tea (regular not sweet)
Mixing Instructions: Stir all over ice in a rocks glass, top with nutmeg. Raise glass and toast.
As always, let me know what you think of this drink after you’ve sipped on it a few times.
Cheers to the Caribbean Arnie!
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page