This website is dedicated to the beauty and wonder of the Caribbean, but every once in awhile I’ll post something about my backyard, southwest Florida. Today is one of those days, and you’ll be glad it is.
As many of you know I moved from Kansas to the Naples/Ft. Myers area back in 2001. Before that move I had never been to the area, never head much about it, I just knew it was on the coast and that’s where I needed to be. Fast forward 12 years and I still pinch myself when the coastal beauty of the area displays itself before my eyes. And display it does in this brand new jaw-dropping video called Awaken. All I can say is wow….goosebumps. I’ll shut up and let this stunning visual representation of Fort Myers Beach, Sanibel Island and the surrounding areas do the talking. Buckle up.
Awaken: The Beaches of Fort Myers and Sanibel
Awaken is a first-of-its-kind, digital ecological calendar, combining time-lapse photography with an online calendar that reminds users of the many, year-round, natural seasons and migrations of The Beaches of Fort Myers & Sanibel.
Sometimes I think about moving to the Florida Keys or the USVI, then I’m reminded by something like this video that southwest Florida is a true coastal paradise. I’ve seen just about the entire state of Florida; Tampa, St. Pete, Miami, West Palm, Orlando, Pensacola, Daytona and everything in between–and honestly, nothing beats southwest Florida…nothing.
If you have a story about southwest Florida, or maybe you moved here from someplace else, I would love to hear your story. Leave us a comment below and tell us about it.
Cheers to being “Awakened” to the beauty of SWFL.
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page