Picture this, you’re on vacation in the Caribbean, relaxing at at your hotel’s outdoor bar and in walks Jimmy Buffett. He smiles, picks up a guitar and starts playing his classics. Sounds like a dream situation doesn’t it? Well that very experience happened to a bunch of lucky people at the Anegada Reef Hotel in the BVI.
Last weekend in Key West, Castaway Randall was telling me about this impromptu Buffett show that happened in the BVI back in 2009. He said that when word got out that Jimmy was on Anegada and was going to play, a massive convoy of boats all made a beeline towards the distant BVI island. Ummm yeah, I think if I couldn’t hitch a boat ride there that I would have consider making the swim. What an amazing experience that would have been.
Here are a couple videos from the intimate Buffett Anegada show. It’s cool how Jimmy tells everyone to get all the photos out of the way at the beginning so that everyone can just enjoy the music and the experience and that things like this don’t happen in Kansas. No Jimmy, they don’t, that’s why I jumped ship and migrated south!
Have you ever been lucky enough to catch Jimmy or another one of your favorite artists do one of these impromptu shows at a small little bar? Legendary.
(Lead photo by BVIPirate Air)
- Get a Custom Caribbean Trip Plan & Itinerary! We'll help plan your trip based on your interests and our insider knowledge. Click here to learn more.
- See our recommended Travel Credit Cards. This is how we travel for free!
- Get your flight with Skyscanner (you'll never miss a cheap flight)
- Get your accommodation with Booking.com - They have great deals
- Love Pets and a Free Place To Stay? Definitely try Trusted Housesitters
- Need travel tips? Grab a Guide Book
- Need anything on Amazon, use this link, thank you!
- Get your travel insurance with World Nomads or AXA Travel Insurance
- Find our recommended Caribbean hotels, restaurants, charters, & tours here
- Need something else? Check out our list of favorite companies on our resources page